The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FP3582HTA

That customer DD his car and has 10,000 miles on the set up so far. Honestly we have never seen an issue with the twin pump set up. Most of the cars we do are Evos and they are almost all DD. But like i said none of our twin pumps are run constant. The hobbs switches are set to turn on around 4psi. The other options out there if you want to stay around 550 hp is a single Bosch 044 in tank and we have also had good luck with the Aeromotive A1000 but that requires a little more money.

If you put a 044 intank on a GVR4 it will not fit with the DSM instructions. Found that one out the hard way. The pump is loud and does not have a one way valve in it. If you go the 044 route I would recommend that you use the 044 as an inline pump being fed from a 255 or a 190 in the tank.

That being said I have not had any issues with the 044, once I ****** rigged it to fit in the tank it works awesome. To start the car you will need to let the pump prime, and attempt to start the car before it finishes priming.

Brianawd

Quote:
does not have a one way valve in it

There is a fix for that
click

makedollarz

Thanks for everyones input. Everyone has shared some great information, I'm going to do a little more homework/research and I'll let u guys know which route I end up taking. The car will be somewhat a daily driver, but I have another vehicle that I can use since I'm expecting to get pretty terrible gas mileage, I'm sure I won't want to drive the galant everywhere, although I might lol.

WesS

So do the walbro 255hp's have a built in one way valve?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brianawd

Yes but if you can deal with having to crank your car over a few seconds more then knock the check valve out on them and they will flow more

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned