The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC and keeping the foglights...

Tre3zy

hey guys looking for a front mount intercooler design that keep my fogligts.... i know that the ETS KEEP will do it and also jonvr4s kit but is there other way to do it using a universal piping kit? and wat size end to end intercooler should i use?

fivestardsm

Design your own, You will appreciate it more.

You can always just buy a core and have whatever endtanks you want welded on. Or have the endtanks modified.

atc250r

Staff member
Go with a short route DSM one. No worries about the fogs.

fivestardsm

^^ I know that guys have done them before, but how much of the core suport needs to be hacked? I was going to do it on mine, but didnt want to hack the hell out of the core, or change to a smaller radiator.

turbowop

If you do it like Brian and I, hardly any sheetmetal needs to come out of the core support. Right up behind the headlight on the passenger side. Look at my sig link to see the pics of my core without the bumper and headlights mounted.

Tre3zy

that design you did is clean 5stardsm.... hey wop where did you get your intercooler core??? cuz i originally wanted one like yours cuz its a short route.... but i cant find any that is not gonna put a hole in my pocket lol

turbowop

It's a Spearco 2-216. I bought it off a guy on this forum that had a couple of them years ago. It was just a core and the sheetmetal to build the endtanks. Andre welded it all up, but the core alone was $400. They're not cheap.

Tre3zy

cool thnx wop.... yea they are not cheap but at the same time reasonable price.... i think ima try to find one that has a similar design and then work my way from there.... although you have a jdm bumper... you think its gonna fit the same in my usdm bumper?

Tre3zy

cool thnx for the info wop....

slugsgomoo

fivestar: here's a pic of my car where you can see how the car is trimmed for short route piping pic

it's not as if you're cutting into the rails or whatnot, just trimming out some of the thin stamped metal. Hasn't negatively affected my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

atc250r

Staff member
I have my AC out so the only thing I can add is that I'm pretty sure TurboTommy had a 2-216 core with short route tanks on his GVR4 and I know for a fact he had working AC on it.

John

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
But slugs, didn't you remove your AC condenser?

yes, but it fit with the short route piping. Thinking back on it, I think the issue I ran into was that the radiator was in the way on the passenger side by ~1/2" so I ended up moving the brackets towards the drivers side maybe an inch? Shifted the radiator over and then everything fit fine. I'd test fit it again, but I don't think i kept the condenser so I don't know. I'm doing a similar setup with the sirocco radiator now though.

turbowop

Yeah, I just looked at my car. The condenser leaves enough room, but you won't fit 2.5" pipes by the radiator without moving it over.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned