The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally i swapped in a 4g63t

Specter

I had introduced my self long time back, i am the guy overseas who built a galant with fender flares, just quick heads up on what it was :

img.php

img.php

So this was the car, and this is what happened :

The motor:
img.php

Painted the engine bay (notice the vr4 subframe i installed)
img.php

Mating the Engine with the chassis :
img.php

Dirty as hell, thats how it sits :
img.php

Changed the struts, it now sits a bit higher then before, will bring it back to the right ride height:
img.php

That oil spill is not from this car :p
img.php

img.php

img.php

I understand this car is not everyones cup of tea, but its the only galant in my country with fender flares and i am now proud to say its the only 6g galant which has a 4g63t. I need to clean the engine bay, clean the interior, work on the body to remove the dings and scratches.

You guys have really have good stuff there, and we dont, but down here this car is pretty special. Hope you dont hate it if you dont like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barnes

Not personally what I would do, but I like it. Good work on getting the new motor in there. Thanks for the update. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MitchooO

personally because i have a huge section of brain to dream... if you would put a nice set of wiiide 16" or 17" it might not look so bad... the flares are a little out their! but with the right wheel combo and dish i think it would look pretty good..

Terry Posten

The only thing I would complain about is the rear bumper. The exhaust cutouts are a little weird.

Other than that, looks fine to me.

And one more thing, it's white, so that is AWESOME. (fastest color by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I like these cars ALOT better without the rear spoiler. Im just not into them.

Specter

i am looking for some wide rims in 17" or 18", these are 18" rims right now, so any smaller size might look a bit too small on the car, as soon as i find some good rims, i will put them on. I guess something can be done for those exhaust cut outs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

maroonmetallic

Quoting Terry Posten:
The only thing I would complain about is the rear bumper. The exhaust cutouts are a little weird.

Other than that, looks fine to me.

And one more thing, it's white, so that is AWESOME. (fastest color by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Terry, Im sure with the trans out of BOTH of our cars...

mine is faster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /offtopic

Congrats on the build!!

-Shawn

Personal taste, but I like to see a slightly meatier tire with wide fenders. Fender flares make me think fast and show me a serious car with 30-35 series tires. 17x7-17x8 would look amazing personally...and seriously clean the engine bay. Congats on the swap, but make it presentible. Outside of car is so clean that its a shame for it be so naste when you pop the hood.

MitchooO

+1 on white being the fastest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif < off topic lol

THEKID

negative sorry guys but everybody knows green is the fastest color.

white is nice but not nearly as fast as green!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

White power?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif
Definitely could of been more suttle with the rear bumper. I definitely probably would of cleaned up the engine before I dropped it in. Clean outside though. Good job.
Let's go... white team. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

I like the rear bumper, just needs bigger tips on the exhaust, looks like something you could build on NFS

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned