The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally got #30/1000 on the Dyno

AWD_DSM

Well I finally got #30/1000 on the dyno for a tune on Thursday. Just your average EvoIII 16g setup on E70 (I love living in Minnesota where we can only get E85 for one month out of the year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). This was on DB Performances dyno dynamics dyno with Shane doing the tuning (Big thanks to him for the great tune). The first graph is of horsepower and torque, the second is horsepower and boost, the third is the corrected graph (What you would see from a dynojet), and the fourth is a picture of the slow street car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. We could have spiked the boost to around 34 psi or so but we would've had to take the plugs out and gap them tighter as 32 psi was right on the edge of blowing the spark out, but it was getting late so we quit at 32psi. Well I guess I'll let the graphs speak for themselves.

NateCrisman

Ks like boost ultimately falls to about 23psi.

AWD_DSM

Yep boost was falling to 23 psi. I would love to only have it fall off to around 25 psi, so today I'm throwing in some tighter gapped plugs and i am going to try turning up the boost a little more.

2of9

awesome numbers man. good to see another GVR4 in MN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CarRacer

Did you drove it all the way down to DB? That's quite a haul.

AWD_DSM

Mods include full exhaust, fmic, fuel system to support E85, and a stock 107,000 mile motor with headstuds and cams. Nothing really special but all stuff that has been proven to work.

Yep I drove it down to DB, it's not all too bad only about five hours each way. It's suppose to be a street car, but it did bug me putting that many miles on. Next time it will probably get a ride in the enclosed trailer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Lonewolf64

Those are some great results. My modlist is pretty much the same as yours except my healthy block has 170,000 miles on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Unfortunately E85 is not widely available to me so I will be using methanol injection to max out my 16g. My pre-tuning pump gas pull yielded 326whp on a dynojet type at about 20psi, so it sounds like I'm more or less on track to some good results, maybe not quite as good as yours since E85 is a bit better than pump+meth, but we'll see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

bazeng

Great numbers!

Remember, dyno dynamics are low reading dynos...
I've seen other brand dyno's making 50 - 100 hp more on the same setup (at the wheels)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned