The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

Evo X turbo

dime2nr

I'm working on a prototype version of a manifold to bolt on the twin scroll Evo X turbo. I was curious if there was additional interest additional copies once the prototype is done. I fully plan to use a cast stainless collector just to make life easier.

Angelo

gvr4ever

I haven't priced or looked at the Eve X turbo. How long do you think it would be available to buy new? I personally wouldn't change unless my big16G failed, but a faster spooling turbo would be nice for sure.

Whoodoo

Same. In fact, I've thought about this for a very long time, but have not made any steps forward on it. It's kind of a coincidence that I literally just cranked 62 over last night for the first time in a few years and am now getting back into the VR4 scene after a very long hiatus.

In my perfect-world vision, it would have equal runner lengths to reduce spool time as much as possible and place the turbo in a good spot to minimize intercooler piping lengths.

Keep us up on your progress!

belize1334

FWIW the Evo X turbo should be compatible with a standard tdo5h turbine housing that would bolt up to the stock manifold. I've been thinking about this for a while -- should be basically bolt-on with slightly faster spool than an E16g.

dime2nr

FWIW the Evo X turbo should be compatible with a standard tdo5h turbine housing that would bolt up to the stock manifold. I've been thinking about this for a while -- should be basically bolt-on with slightly faster spool than an E16g.
But that kinda defeats the spool gains of the twin scroll design

belize1334

But that kinda defeats the spool gains of the twin scroll design
Yes, I agree. However, even without twin scroll I think that the tdo5h-152g from the X would be a great DD turbo. It's a *slightly* smaller inducer and same exducer as the 16g6 so should have a similar efficiency map with slightly faster spool. And using the standard 7cm exhaust housing would mean that the exhaust side would be identical to a 16g so that would simplify the installation a lot.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts

Recent Classifieds Listings