The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

DSM Link...Getting Started

What exactly do I need to run DSM link? I want to turn up the boost a few notches and ditch my safcII that the car is currently "tuned" on.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark_Horse

You also will need a netbook or laptop to tune with.

Once you log with DSMlink, you will never want to go back to not knowing what your car is doing. Logging is addicting.

I have a laptop, I had HP Tuners and logged a ton on that before.

How much money am I looking at to get started on dsmlink? and how do I know if I already have a socketed ecu? my car has been around quite a bit...

rdomeck

Should we go with the Lite or the full version? Also do you guys know if I could use a MAC to run DSMLink?

rdomeck

Looks like from there website that you can us a MAC. Awesome......Cause when you go MAC you never go back!

Dark_Horse

Quoting rdomeck:
Should we go with the Lite or the full version? Also do you guys know if I could use a MAC to run DSMLink?

Personally, I had problems using DSMlink with my Macbook, but others have success.

Whether you want lite or the full version depends on whether you think you'll be using any of the features that are only found in the full version? click

I figure that it's only $120 difference...And in the future, who knows what features you will use. If you are going to run large injectors at any point, I'd definitely say that the full version is worth it since it gives you the ability to control dead-time for each injector.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned