The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Door squeak driving me nuts

tsitalon1

Hey guys, I tried searching, but didn't really come up with anything....

I have a chirp/squeak that occurs on every bump in the road. It sounds like it's coming from the door area around the seatbelt motor, but I cannot pinpoint it. Anyone figure this out?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

That squeak may be the infamous hood hinge squeak. Search it and then inspect your hood hinge.

GSX_TC

Wouldn't hurt to bust out some wd40 and start spraying hinges and what not

Barnes

Did you check to make sure their isn't a screw loose in your skull? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

rdomeck

Turn the radio up. Should drowned out the squeak! Good luck in finding your squeak, You should lube every hinge. Even if it doesn't fix your problem at least your hinges will be in good shape.

Hertz

Staff member
There's a metal rod that is part of the door latch release (handles) that was rattling against my window glass. Might be something like that.

Also take a look if your door hinges are tight and adjust the door, maybe when the body is flexing the door is sqeeking against the rubber seal. perhaps even try wiping silicon/wd40 over the door seal and see if that cures it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts