The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

coilover question

littleb

Are Ksport the only coilovers for our cars that come with the camber plates? I tried to find them for the D2's but couldnt find anything. And has anyone had experience with the D2s?

G

Staff member
No, so do the tein & jic.

skivittlerjimb

HotBits coilovers can be ordered with matching front camber plates and rear pillow ball mounts.

More money than the other ones listed here so far but I'm going on two years on my set and they are by far the best modification I have ever done. Awesome on track/autox/hillclimb but very streetable and not at all "nervous" on the street on their softest setting, even on the largely crappy roads up here in VT.

-Jim B.
280/1000

so whats the recommendation for DD and occasional track appearance?
TEIN, JIC, HotBits, KSport, etc?

turbowop

IMO for coilovers...

ZOMG unobtanium: Ohlins customs

Best: Hotbits

Better: JIC

Good: Ksport/D2/whateverothertaiwanbrandofthesameparts

Okay: Ground Control coilover sleeves on KYB AGX's or Koni inserts

Tein doesn't make a GVR4 specific coilover anymore since they discontinued the HA's. I would put them next to the JIC's if you can find a set. Mine are still going strong. You can make the DSM setups work otherwise.

For non-coilover, best bet is stock Evo suspension modified to fit our cars.

Last edited:

streetmasters

Not to hijack- but what about koni's with eibachs..I had that set up in my 2g and hit 150mpg like I was on rails- I don't see many board members recommend this, why?

turbowop

Srsly though, Eibach doesn't make a GVR4 specific spring. We have to use their DSM springs and they don't allow the car to sit level. Rear springs from a DSM kit always sit considerably lower than advertised when used on a GVR4, be it Sportlines, Prokit, or stock.

Boostdtalon

Quoting turbowop:
IMO for coilovers...

ZOMG unobtanium: Ohlins customs

Best: Hotbits

Better: JIC

Good: Ksport/D2/whateverothertaiwanbrandofthesameparts

Okay: Ground Control coilover sleeves on KYB AGX's or Koni inserts

Tein doesn't make a GVR4 specific coilover anymore since they discontinued the HA's. I would put them next to the JIC's if you can find a set. Mine are still going strong. You can make the DSM setups work otherwise.

For non-coilover, best bet is stock Evo suspension modified to fit our cars.

finally got the search button to work correctly. Too bad whiteline doesn't make coilovers for these cars. My old roomie had whitelines on his subie and i loved how they handled and rode.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned