The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Charging system

kwmcneil

My charging system has stoped working on me, im getting 15v to the relay lookingDiode box, and if I take tjat diode box out and put a jumper on it the battery charges but if I turn the key off the engine keeps running, I baught a new diode box and it still did thd same, I took the new and old boxes apart and resisyance is the same acrosd both blocks an diodes(47 ohms across the stones and 5.3 megaohms across the diode does anyone have any idea whats going on?

grocery_getter

Relay looking diode box? What is that? Checked the alternator fuse?

kwmcneil

In the fuse/relay block under hooh the "relay" marked alt, i took the cover off this "relay" and therse a diode and what looks like a ballast, where is the alternator fuse?

grocery_getter

In that same fuse box there is a rectangular fuse with the clear cover that is installed diagonally in the corner. Its 2 feet are bolted on with 10mm bolt. If that fuse is bad the alternator is not going to charge the battery. Before you work on the bolts, disconnect your battery first.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts