The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CAS leak w/new o-ring and VC gasket?

tsitalon1

Replaced head recently and now CAS appears to be leaking.

Found oil running down bottom of CAS so I replaced the o-ring with a factory new o-ring. VC gasket is also new from Napa.

Cam Cap is tight as well. I don't believe it to leaking internally because the vent hole on the bottom appears clear.

Can the o-ring groove in the CAS wear over time causing a less tight fit?

I'd pull the cover back off and clean up the gasket and gasket surfaces, and put a dab of RTV also in the 'corners' where the VC gasket goes 90 degrees and humps over the cam caps in addition to the 1/2 plug.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned