The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Car idles like crap when A/C is on

JamesFoster

Hey guys, quick question. My car idles great when the A/C is off, but when I have it on the revs tend to drop down around 500-600rpm it runs kinda rough. Any ideas?

beaner

Voltage changes when you introduce a load to the engine, causing a lean condition and change in idle. I see you have 'link 2.5. 3.0 lets you offset this. click

edit: Try to post a log of it happening.

Last edited:

JamesFoster

Oh I don't have link on the VR4, sorry didn't specify, and the voltage does drop to around 12.8-13v when it happens.

beaner

Well, the ISC should compensate. It won't be instant, but that's pretty much the purpose of the ISC. Do you have one?

JamesFoster

Yes I do. I checked the ohms and they're within spec but I haven't applied voltage to it yet. I'll have to do that to see if its working.

desant78

Maybe some more info....battery in stock location? And idles.great means 750rpm?

JamesFoster

Battery is in the back, and the idle varies between 850-950 when it's idling good. I'm wondering if I should replace the isc, or maybe the TB needs to be rebuilt?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned