The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bumper cover repair

GVR-4

For all you body work experts: What is the best product on the market to repair a tear in the bumper cover?

TIA

G

Staff member
Zipties!

GVR4_1057

It depends on how bad it is. If it is a tear sometimes you can "weld" it back together with a soldering iron. And fill it with the compound below.

This stuff works too

Dialcaliper

If you've got a bad crack, they make fiberglass backing patches that you can reinforce it with, and then repair the cover itself with one of the welding kits.

GVR-4

Quoting Dialcaliper:
If you've got a bad crack, they make fiberglass backing patches that you can reinforce it with, and then repair the cover itself with one of the welding kits.

I'll probably end up doing something like that. The (complete) tear runs from the PS fog light hole all the way to the back edge. It's the low spot for the stock intercooler plumbing. I've already drilled small holes and "stitched" it with small zip ties. Now I want a more permanent fix because (hopefully) I'm going to have the car painted soon.

strokin4dr

pachood_1953

^^ Yeah that video is probably the best guide your going to find.

I use FUSOR products. I'v always had good luck with them. Plastic repairs are really fussy. Follow the steps closely, dont cheap out, and keep everything clean. Also, make sure your doing your repair at ~70*

jepherz

Staff member
I used a 3M product on a hole in my back bumper as well as some cracks on the front. I don't remember what pat number it was, but it was similar to the 8115 weld they sell. Comes in a dual cannister with a special mixing tip. I then used Thin Ice filler on it to smoothen it fully and it came out great.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned