The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

boostx bumper lip (aka I'm a ricer nao)

boostedinaz

I'm not feeling it because from the side view it hangs lower than the rest of the car. I think something like a flat splitter type thing would look a bit better.

Once it's painted it will probably blend in more and look better.

JNR

Looks like you're missing 3 other pieces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nartanian

Holy Woppin Wops! That looks great.

Last edited:

bazeng

Looks great!

Although you car looks great without the lip!

I agree wit some comments above, it looks like you need skirts and a rear lip or pod to suit.

strokin4dr

I think it looks better and more uniform with no lip. Im sure it will look great from the front once painted, but not a fan of it hanging so much lower than the side skirts. Upsets the balance of the car too much.
Still in to see what it looks like painted, but I vote for the lip to end up on 503 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif, 1051 looks great as is.

RedTwo

It looks pretty sweet, not sure if I prefer this or the old 'metal bumper trim' lip
Looks like you need sideskirts...

I've seen a few cars with this tacked on (and lengthened ~200mm) and they don't look too horrendous... some people even make copies out of sheet metal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

turbowop

It's taken how many years to get somebody to reproduce the Sigmaspeed lip? How many m0ar would it take to get somebody to build a new sideskirt from scratch since there were never really any available? Therein lies the problem. I'd be down for a subtle addition to the rockers, but I don't see it happening.

I think some of the 2g guys ran into the same problem with aftermarket lips for their cars. There were nice subtle lips, but all the sideskirts were super gaudy. I know I've seen a lot of 2g's with a lip and no sideskirt, but it looked okay to me as long as it wasn't some lip hanging off a bumper that more belonged to an F-15 fighter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I guess we'll see how it looks when it actually matches the car instead of "hay look at me white". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Quoting RedTwo:
It looks pretty sweet, not sure if I prefer this or the old 'metal bumper trim' lip
Looks like you need sideskirts...

I've seen a few cars with this tacked on (and lengthened ~200mm) and they don't look too horrendous... some people even make copies out of sheet metal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Looks like my car without the dual tips.

blacksheep

I am with Wop on this - I think it looks fine without side skirts. I picked up an OEM lip for the Evo and will run it without the the "running boards" aka side skirts as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned