The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bep .55 inducer exducer size specs for hx40

bmxr152

Im looking for exducer and inducer specs for a bep .55ar hx40 turbine housing. I replaced my bolt on housing with an hx35 t3 .70 and machined out the housing but forgot what size it was. Now the turbo needs a rebuild and i want to order the turbine wheel before i take it apart. i dont remeber if it was the 64/76 or 67/76 Anyways if anyone has one laying around they could mic for me that would be awsome.

EHmotorsports

I only have an HX-35 bep housing on hand or I would.

bmxr152

Yeah ive tried contacting various vendors and bullseye eith no luck yet.

EHmotorsports

yeah it seems most are all about selling you something but getting someone that can actually get you specs is scarce.

Jesus_Negros

Hit up a diesel truck forum.

bmxr152

I don't think they are using a dsm bolt on turbo. the t3 .70 is probably the same maybie ill check on the diesel forum. I know the h1e came with one of two combinations. I would take it apart and measure but its my daily for now.

cheekychimp

Are you sure the wheels were that big?

I thought the 8 blade HX40 had a 58mm inducer and the 6-7 blade a 60mm inducer. No idea on exducer. According to the information at the beginning of the numerous Holset threads on "Tooners" this appears to be the case.

bmxr152

im talking about the turbine size. I found out it is 64mm exducer and 76mm exducer. The h1e that I have has a 60mm inducer and 83mm exducer compressor wheel.

cheekychimp

Alright, got you! So what is your recommendation as a real world user? I am guessing you happier with the T3 housing than the bolt on one? I bought the HX35/40 in the bolt on housing and I am wondering if it is going to be too laggy for me over here.

Last edited:

bmxr152

Honestly the gain from the bigger housing was worth the lag. But if i did it again i would have got a twin scroll housing. The bolt on housing at 32psi was flowing 46lbs wheras the t3 at 28psi is flowing 53lbs

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned