The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BBS RX 202..... What color?

thedsmguy

I have a BG car. I'm restoring some old BBS RX wheels. 17x8 42 et

I was thinking like a dark but glossy brown? similar to this color? click

Or magnesium blue like these? click

Or just a bright gold or bronze? Or hell, gunmetal or bright color aka monster green or bright salmon????

Give me some opinions.

4thStroke

I don't think our cars can get away with the "in your face" wheel color choices like some of the other cars out there.

I'm a big fan of bronze or gun metal on belize green.

LIV4PSI

I would go for gunmetal. But I am very biased towards black and gunmetal rims. I put them on everything

a2vr4

I say go for the blue! Be different, heres what I'm going with on my ggsx till my amg type 2's are refinished.

The camera/ lighting doesnt do it justice, cream green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

rdomeck

+1 Gunmetal

JNR

Neither one of those colors linked would look good on green, IMO (or really any of the colors on our cars).

I think a bronze center (spokes) with polished rim/outer center (esp if it were a 3-piece) would look good, or a polished/aluminum painted/powdercoat wheel would match the green nicely. Green is a hard color to match and black or gunmetal (with green car) wouldn't look good either, IMO (then again, I'm not a fan of black wheels and have not seen any that look good to me; besides, you spend $$ on wheels only so you can't see them; doesn't make sesne.)

Last edited:

curtis

I did a google search bronze click me

Mine with bronze wheels and the before when they were black. BG cars like bronze wheels

Vr4junkie

I'm liking the blue but kind of hard to tell you should post pics of the wheels on the side of the car to give a better idea on how the car would look.

turbowop

On a BG car, stick with precious metals colors like silver/bronze/gold. Gunmetal works also, possibly black, though I'm not a huge fan of such dark coloring for wheels on BG.

mitsuturbo

I think those would look great on your car. As-is. Color looks good. Not too flashy, not too dark.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned