The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Back into it after many years

DrewpyDawg

Hello all,

I was a member of this board years ago, but have been out of the loop a long time. I've never owned a GVR4, just DSM's, but this was always the best board around for solid information and good people. I'm glad to see it's still going, even if it's not as busy a place as it once was.

I've had a 91 Talon sitting in my garage for nearly ten years. My plans for it were much bigger than my budget, the project stalled, life got in the way, and time flies. Various circumstances changed recently, and I came to the conclusion that I need to do something with it or the car and all my DSM related stuff needs to go. Fortunately, one of the changes in my life now gives me more time to do something with the car, so I'm diving back in. I think I can manage a more modest build to get the car running and on the road (eventually) and take bigger steps later. All I really want is a fun, reliable (for a DSM anyway), weekend toy that I can do an occasional track day with. Not chasing any HP or ET numbers.

I need to brush up on my technical knowledge of these cars, and I'm sure there are basic things I have forgotten. No doubt I'll be asking both newbie and intermediate questions here, and hopefully I can contribute something to the board in the future.

Thanks,
Drew

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome. Do you remember your former user name?

DrewpyDawg

My old name was dsm_drew, but I can't log in with that any more, been too many years. I went back to the oldest pages of the forums and saw a couple of my old comments from around 2003. Don't think I was on the boards much after that. My first Talon got wrecked not long after and the new project never really got off the ground. Fast forward to today...

LIV4PSI

Quoting DrewpyDawg:

I was a member of this board years ago, but have been out of the loop a long time. I've never owned a GVR4, just DSM's, but this was always the best board around for solid information and good people. I'm glad to see it's still going, even if it's not as busy a place as it once was.

Solid information and good people is definitely what the .org is all about. Welcome back

DrewpyDawg

Thanks for the welcome!

I don't have any good, recent pics of the car, but here are a couple old, small ones.

Wiseco 9:1 pistons on balanced 91 big rods with ARP bolts, balance shafts removed, ACL bearings, ARP head studs, head is getting some mild grinding to clean up the casting in the runners and bowls, EVO 8 cams and Fidanza gears, Cyclone manifold, EVO III 16g, EVO 8 FMIC, custom exhaust, Walbro 255, etc. I'd like to get the FP exhaust manifold. After doing some reading I'm thinking of going with an EVO 8 ECU and MAF, and whatever size injectors I'll need to eventually run E85. The chassis already has poly bushings, GC coilovers on AGX's, 4 bolt LSD rear, Enkei wheels, dual piston calipers, manual steering, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. I just want it to be a quick, well-handling, street car for weekend fun and occasional tracks days rather than drag racing. Going to take a while to refresh all the old stuff and put it back together with the new stuff.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned