The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aus to Jspec Front

AuSpecVr4

Hey

Just picked up a nice jpsec bar for my Aus spec. What is the go about changing it all over i.e the headlights and indicators? what needs to be done, do i have to buy jspec lights and corners, just bought mint condition fog lights to go with it too.

Cheers

Diego

there is a piece here.... click , you can pm Garfield Wright about these..

Last edited:

bazeng

There are a few things that need to be drilled etc etc but it is all pretty straight forward.

Just pull the old bumper off including the reinforcement. Drill out the holes and bolt on the L brackets then install the new bumper!

AuSpecVr4

Thanks, but i need help with all the lighting electrics. I have got a like new set of facelift fog lights coming and im confused on how to wire these up as to the Aus spec only has one fog light switch. Is their an extra switch on the Jap spec galants? i also was checking out my headlights on my vr4 and to my surprise they have the city lights in them already but have never worked? have they been changed over. With my corner lights, to set up as the indicators do i grab the indicator wire from my original bumper and cut into it for my corner lights to have the blinking circuit and then put a 5w orange bulb inside? I can make those L brackets for the bumper no worries. Just need help on all this wiring.

My RS bumper Facelift

Good condition facelift projector foglights that i bought
img.php

Last edited:

brisvr4

I wired the outside ones to come on with the stock switch and wired the inners to come on with high beam Brock.
I also used Gsr Galant orange indicators. I just grabbed the indicator wire and extended it it a bit to fit.
I think that the clear Aussie corners take a small bulb? Much less hassle from cops with the orange ones in there!

Did you get that clutch fork sorted?

Tim

AuSpecVr4

Yea thanks, thats how i was planning to do it but just checking if there is a switch for the spots on the inner because i thought it was compulsory or else its illegal. I'll chase up some amber corners for it, i think they look better.

The fork, no, i had to order one from the states and the car is going on stands tomorrow or thursday. Won't be running till next week sometime. Gives me time to get the bumper all sorted and painted.

Cheers.

misterfixit

Heres the wiring diagrams for the fogs:
click

Yes you'll need the single bulb bright cornerlights.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned