The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 28th, 2011 -- Rogers, MN

Curt

Hey everyone,

I've got a hotel secured for the out of town owners. We'll be using the Hampton Inn, in Rogers, again. We have an $89 group rate. Just mention the Rogers car show when booking your room. You'll need to book by August 13th to get the group rate. More details are at the bottom of the Cookout page at: click

Don't forget to help me get the word out. I'd really like to see the All Mitsu Cookout grow. But I can't do it on my own. I'll probably be handing out 50 flyers at Car Craft this weekend. Do your part and make sure all your Mitsu buddies know about the Cookout and convince them to come. Here is a link to the flyer:
click

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

^^^ You still have time to get your car ready. You still have five weeks. Good luck!

later,
Curt

Curt

We are up to 74 sign ups now! Only about a month away.

Don't forget that you can prepay for the Cookout with paypal. The All Mitsu Cookout is only $5 to be in the show and all the food you can eat. You are also eligible for the prizes. Its a heck of a value. You can send your paypal to: [email protected]

See ya soon,
Curt

jcgalntvr4-244

is it the same price if you "pay at the door"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Curt

^^^ Yes, its $5 whether you pre-pay or pay at the event.

Thanks.

Curt

We are up to 80 sign ups now! The current list is at: click

We'll also be doing the online voting again. Every registered car will get a voting slip with a code on it. You walk around and vote honestly for your favorite car in each category and write their car number down on the slip. Once you are done, you can go online with your phone and enter your votes yourself. If you don't have an internet phone, someone at the registration desk can enter your votes too.

Less than four weeks away now! Hope to see a great turnout.

later,
Curt

Terry Posten

I have to withdrawal. I just can't make the timing work with it being on Sunday and the drive home afterward with the kids back in school.

Sorry about that.

Curt

Hey everyone,

The Cookout is only 2.5 weeks away now. Looks like we are up to 97 sign ups.

I've finalized the categories for the show. We will keep the same categories as last year. We'll have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies except for the cleanest car overall and the Galant category. The Galant category is going to be small, so we'll just do 1st for that one. Here are the categories:

Best 90-94 DSM
Best 95-99 DSM
Best 00-05 Eclipse/Stratus coupe
Best 91-93 3/S
Best 94-99 3/S
Best Evo I to IX
Best Evo X
Best Galant (1st place trophy only)
Best Other Mitsu
The "Gene Helms" Cleanest Car Overall

Also, our block of rooms at the Hampton Inn go away on August 13th. So any out-of-towners looking for a room, book it now!

Thanks,
Curt

Curt

Only 11 more days until the Cookout. We are up to 105 signups: click

It is not too late to get signed up and come join us for an afternoon of Mitsu fun. The All Mitsu Cookout is coming up on Sunday, the 28th. We'll have some great prizes, plenty of food, and some fun stuff like the Mitsu trivia contest, and the slow drags.

Here are some reminders:

1) Sign-up online. The page is at:
click

2) If you have Paypal, send me your $5 registration to [email protected] (no credit cards please)

3) Fill out your car sign ahead of time. It saves a lot of time in the registration line. Download the sign at:
click

And my example sign can be found here:
click

4) Bring some lawn chairs for hanging out and bring your appetite! We'll have plenty of food.

Also, if you are just coming to spectate, there is a separate spectator lot on the back side of the school. So don't turn at the stop light at the school. Go past that and take your next right and go behind the school. The lot behind the school is for spectators. The front lot is for participants.

We will also be doing the slow drags again. It’s going for about 50 feet as slow as possible, without stopping. We'll have a trophy for the winner. It is a lot of fun.

See ya soon,
Curt

Curt

Less than a week away from the Cookout!! Did you get signed up? Do you have you sign printed off? Got the car cleaned up yet? (yeah, me neither. LOL)

I did pick up the trophies last week. They turned out pretty good:
click

See ya on Sunday,
Curt

jcgalntvr4-244

Ill be up in the Twin City area Friday afternoon. Any of you local guys going to this? or want to meet up Sat. day/night maybe for supper or something?

JC

Last edited:

Curt

If you are looking for something to do on Saturday, there is a pre-cookout detailing party going on. Details at: click

Looks like a fun time!

Curt

The All Mitsu Cookout is almost here! Its this Sunday from 11am to 4pm at the Rogers Middle School. We are up to 128 sign ups: click

If you haven't signed up yet or still thinking about coming, you still can. Even if you don't sign up, you can register and pay at the show. And if you haven't made out your car sign yet, you can even fill one of those out at the show. (but its a lot cooler to make your sign ahead of time)

When you first get to the school, you will enter the parking lot and you'll pay and get your wristbands. Then you'll go park in the appropriate row and finish your registration at the registration tent. There you'll get your car sign, car number, and voting slip. Then put your car sign on your car somewhere and then enjoy the show. We'll have tons of food, pop, water.

If you are coming to the Cookout without a Mitsu, you can bypass the first entrance to the Cookout and take the next right. Then drive around the school to the back. There is a parking lot back there for spectators. If you want to eat, spectators can go to the registration desk to get a wristband for $5.

See ya on Sunday,
Curt

OMFGeofffff

Hopefully will make it there with my pops TT converted stealth!

jcgalntvr4-244

Well I finally made it this year and it was a pretty good time

Curt

Hey everyone,

I've finally recovered and caught up on things. I've got the page created with all the pics and trophy winners. Its at:
click

Thanks to everyone who made it out to the Cookout this year. Thanks to my hard working volunteers and to our awesome sponsors: Brookdale Mitsubishi, Modern Automotive Performance and Midwest Turbo Connection.

Other than a few scary rain drops, everything went pretty smoothly.

later,
Curt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned