The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Aligning your VR-4

presterone

I have the rear steer setup removed on my 92 VR-4, are people able to align the rear of the car just fine with no rack,rods and the stock positive toe bushings?

SouthCaliVR4

Properly done the rear rack tie-rods are removed during alignment, then adjusted and dropped back in as the last step. the toe is set on the forward bushing eccentric.

presterone

So with out the rear steering rods in place, will my toe adjustments get wonky after a short period of time?

SouthCaliVR4

No, you'll have "Passive rear toe" If you haven't installed the kit or had the trailing arm welded up. DSM's all had passive rear toe (AWD versions). the VR4 just adds an active aspect to the rear toe. Non 4WS AWD galants also have passive rear toe.

I don't like the active or passive & would weld up the arm or use the kit. I went the weld up route as I don't personally care to have heim joints on a street car.

presterone

makes sense where do you buy such a kit anyway and thanks for the quick replies

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned