The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alarm issues

prove_it

So I'm not familiar how the stock alarm works, but it seems that whenever it feels like it the security will work. If I lock the door and shut the door the light will only come on maybe once in a great while. I cleaned all the door switches as well as the hood. They all work right.
How is the factory system supposed to work, am I doing it wrong or is it broke? I turn the key off and lock the door by pushing the knob down and close the door.

ktmrider

Not exactly what you are looking for but it does talk about all the switches click
My alarm used to go off if the door was manually locked before closing. This may have been due to the aftermarket Viper alarm tho.
BTW I cut the wire from the link as my kids and wife kept setting of the alarm and draining the battery. Working great so far.

prove_it

I'm trying to get the alarm to work, it's an intermittent issue. sometimes it works, sometimes not. The link did answer some questions, thank you.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned