The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AEM EMS whats needed to run it?

onesickcrx

So I just picked up a AEM EMS what is needed to run this in my Galant? I already have a AEM Wide band gauge and True boost gauge with AEM 5 bar sensor? I heard I need a intake air temp sensor is there anything else I need or that you would recommend to buy and use with it?

Just pick up a GM AIT sensor.

I would also get a trigger disk. This will help to make your car start much better. I happen to have one for sale already in the Cam Angle Sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

beefajita

ALL brands of the serial port to usb adapters I tried scramble important data when communicating between AEM and laptop.
Find a laptop with a serial, or prepare for a headache /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
and yeah u need an Intake Air Temp in addition to what you have. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Its pretty cool once you get it running right and get ur closed loop all setup for much better than stock MPG and more responsive power, Have fun.

onesickcrx

I am planning on finshing my car up next week. Once I catch up with work a little more I will be install the AEM. HMMMMM both my laptops are usb only that sucks......

Quoting TheBoz:
Just pick up a GM AIT sensor.

I would also get a trigger disk. This will help to make your car start much better. I happen to have one for sale already in the Cam Angle Sensor /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

click

Where can I find a trigger disc?

Edit: trigger disc info is here: web page here

How many people have actually used this disc or one like it and would recommend it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned