The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

93 headlights overhaul?

i wanted to know if anyone knows how to get rid of the reflector film inside the 93 headlight i already took them apart and saw the post on refurbishing them but no talk about actually taking them apart.i was hoping there's a way to take it off without scratching the surface

boostedinaz

I never got them apart so unfortunately I don't know how to get that film out with out doing damage.

Last edited:

these pix were taken after i sperated the glass from the headlight i decided to use a heat gun instead of the oven worked great but need patience's. still need help on removing the film inside. thank in advace guys

turbowop

What are your plans for them since the chrome is peeling?

Water and a rag won't work to remove what's left. Some of it adheres pretty well and won't come off without sanding or some type of acid bath.

turbowop

This would fall under the same category as removing the chrome off of a '91 grill though. At least I think it would. Maybe if walnut chips or something else fairly soft was used as the blast media.

Probably not small enough to get in the tight spots but I don't know what size beads are available.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts