The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

91 VR4 FPR wiring

toybreaker

iconoclast
Quoting transparentdsm:
your right, there is no real need for it, just as there is no real need for the boost control solenoid. for example in my vr4 now i have almost no vacuum lines and i love it, but if he is going to bring the car back to 100% stock then that is something different and maybe he is trying to do that. he had questions and i was just trying to give him the right answers.

... Eliminating the boost control solenoid on an otherwise stock car will actually lower peak boost pressure and reduce performance.

The ecu controls that solenoid, bleeding some of the wastegate reference pressure into the aircan.

Lowering the reference pressure the wastegate "sees" will allow for a few more pounds of boost before the wastegate opens.

That's a good thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's really nice is that if you have knock, the ecu will not operate the bcs, lowering boost until the knock clears up.

With big aftermarket turbo's the bcs just get's in the way, and makes it hard to set a stable boost target.

... but on stock frame turbo's at factory boost levels, leave the bcs in!

... and remove the restrictor for a little extra boost in high transients /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned