The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

501 kills another

PreskitVR4

This is 501's fourth motor with only 102,000 on the clock. She must not likey the 4G63, so this time lets try 4GCS. Anyone have a difinitve source on ALL of the cars were this motor or a FWD 4G64 6 bolt can be found? Some say that the 7 bolt 4G64 does not have crankwalk issues, but will it go into a VR4? All of the DSM stuff concerning this is really really old, and downright confusing, and with all of the pissing contests. Thanks in advance guys,
Dale

You're 100x better off rebuilding your motor with a reputable machine shop and new parts. If you keep buying used motors with unknown issues you'll keep blowing them up. After you have a new motor built make sure you have it tuned properly. A poor tune will kill a turbo motor in no time...

to use a g4cs you would have to build it anyway because the cr would be so high that running any type of boost will start to break things. get a g4cs from a sonata i forget the years but heres a good place to start researching click
if your not already a member sign up. for the most part i just read and dont ask questions cause if you ask a question trying to clear something up they tend to bitch. so post at your own risk

Struc

DR1665

I'd say Dale has a pretty good lead on where to get his parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sucks to hear about the downtime, man. That's one of the sweetest GVR4s I've ever seen.

fivestardsm

PreskitVR4

Typically, yes, i did check... both yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Quoting DR1665:
I'd say Dale has a pretty good lead on where to get his parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sucks to hear about the downtime, man. That's one of the sweetest GVR4s I've ever seen.

Street Surgeon

You have my sister car, I have 501 too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif She came from AZ and ended up in Texas before I brought her back to NE. Good luck.

steve

1991 and 1992? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

cOmpressor

So burned!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned