The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G fuel injector clip pigtails

gvr4ever

Having trouble finding these online. Anyone know of a source? My car was falling on its face over 10psi the last time I drove it. Did a boost leak test and one of the injector to intake manifold seals was missing. I wanted to update the injector plug at the same time I install new injector seals.

Last edited:

Imback

I would just get generic ev1 connectors though.

gvr4ever

I would just get generic ev1 connectors though.
I did find those on eBay, but I'm not sure how they work. Are the plastic clip 2G style NLA?

*Edit: I found a YouTube video. I'll go ahead and order those.

Last edited:

gvr4ever

Working on it now. All the injectors have different colors, but they all have a black. Does black to go black on all the injectors?

slugsgomoo

Since they only clip on one way, I just made sure that the left versus right was the same regardless of the color of the new pigtails.

gvr4ever

Since they only clip on one way, I just made sure that the left versus right was the same regardless of the color of the new pigtails.
Thank you for the reply. My car is back together except for the injector plugs. When I first installed FIC 750cc injectors, I connected the factory pin clips from Hell while attached to the rail before installing it, but it really limits movement and good angle it install the injectors and rail together. Now, I can't find away to install the injector pin connectors now that everything else is installed. I tried searching the internet, but no good solutions. Does anyone know a good way to de-pin the wires from the factory connectors? I don't want to cut above them. Sadly, my knowledge of automotive electrical is lacking. I'm not worried about properly soldering and shrink-wrapping. Just de-pinning so I don't have to cut above the connector. Any special tools needed? I just want as much extra length as I can get.

gvr4ever

Or, if anyone knows a trick to installing the clips with the fuel rail installed.. Please share. Unplugged injectors is the only thing keeping my car off the road. I found a great place to store her over the winter, and it's coming down to the wire. I tried just seating the factory pins, but not pushed in, but I can't seat them on the injectors. The pins are in the way and grabbing before they are pushed in What a stupid design. I guess that's all they had in the 80s, but what a cluster.

gvr4ever

I wasn't able to figure out how to de-pin the factory injector connector, and I didn't want to cut the wires above the connector, so I ended up installing the PITA injector clips. She's back to running great, and no boost leak.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned