The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g dsm engine harness=Galant VR4 engine harness

So I just picked up my 1991 galant vr4 and im trying to unrig everything the previous owner messed up... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif. So my question is can I put a 1g dsm engine harness into the galant or do I have to get a galant vr4 engine harness. Thanks for the help in advance.

SouthCaliVR4

They are similar but not the same, routing will be off. it will take some work but if you're good with splicing you can make it work.

Boost4U

Did you ever do this? I'm going to do it to mine next week and was wondering if you had any pointers. It's beneficial for me because I can run my TCU without having to splice it into the 5 speed harness.

89Mirageman

I know from experience a few of the interior plugs are different where they meet the dash harness. It will by no means be a "plug and play" deal. I would just snip the needed connectors off of a 1g at a local junkyard and repair the original harness.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned