The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

192/1000 blew my engine and build thread.

AnotherNewb

Reminds me of my first drive in my 2g, but I only put a peep hole in it, you have a bay window!!!

Boostdtalon

Well got the rest of the engine together. Now to put it in and wait for a few little things to get her running. I will post up some pictures tomorrow if all goes well.

Boostdtalon

2011-05-18171732.jpg

GSX_TC

It's gonna feel amazing turning that key again

Boostdtalon

click

had to pull my thermostat housing as it had a small crack I didn't notice till we started to put fluids in. Hoping tomorrow I will be able to take it out and put some miles on her. Feels good to know shes alive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Boostdtalon

Got to let the car run today. Discovered a few oil leaks. Looks like I will have to pull the timing cover to figure out where my leak is coming from.

Boostdtalon

So i'm pretty sure that it's my plug for the balance shaft thats leaking. So gonna pull the timing cover today and see if thats it.

Boostdtalon

I was going to but the wife told me to keep it and finish it. Now that Im done with school and going back to work. I will be able to get things done on this car without taking too long. How's your car coming? Was digging the pics you put on facebook.

Boostdtalon

Yeah I know that feeling. Well I still have a oil leak I can't find. I suspect its the crank seal. It only leaks while the car is running. I'm running short on time so I'm taking my car to a friend to have him sort the leak.

GSX_TC

Let me know what it is when u find out because I too have a leak that I can't find either. When the car is idling I don't see any leaks and its not burning any oil and the compression is perfect but after about a week of driving it gets a court low. So let me know if this is the same for u because I'd Like to know what this is aswell

Mike

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned