The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1893 runs again!

Alright, well for starters, 1893 spun a rod bearing back in September, and I finally got the engine in over the past few weekends, and got her started up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif but there are a bunch of little issues that need to be fixed before she's 100% (power steering isn't hooked up, coolant lines are jury rigged bigtime, timing cover isn't on yet, little stuff lol), but she made it 10 miles to my mechanics place today with no smoke, no leaks, and didn't overheat at all, which is a first since I bought her last september /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Well, just figured I'd share the good news! Hopefully Sunday is the big day where I get her back at 100% (no PS is a BITCH in these things, lol)

TRBODSM

Its always good when a gvr4 isnt jackstand ballin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Mine is 1983 and I spun a rod bearing also when I first bought it. Its pretty crazy the same thing happend to you with the numbers being kind of similar(1983 and 1893)
Did you take any pics?

not yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif waitin on the new (non-cracked) valve cover to come in, supposed to come in today, my mechanics gonna do that too (by mechanic i mean a buddy of mine who works on DSMs and Evos out of his home garage lol, he's owned a GVR4 though). Hopefully Sunday i'll have it back and clean enough to take pictures of, lol. and yah, that's crazy! how'd you spin yours?

dsmless

hey, good to hear from another Vr4 member in az, hopefully we can meet at a in and out soon, and powersterring is not that bad, 96 has a maunal rack and plus its a good forearm workout, get her up and gooing soon man

hellz yes! it's still got the 4WS, so sadly the power steering is a must lol, but as soon as its runnin good i'm totally down for a meet! hit me up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif should be up and running monday? (at the latest on friday, and i have a three day weekend valentines weekend)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned