The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Full size aluminum Radiator?

Ok guys I am looking to upgrade my pos advanced radiator for something aluminum with some better
cooling capabilities. I searched hers as well as the popular manufacturers such as koyo,fluidyne
etc but no one except some guy from china has a direct bolt in radiator for the e39a. I know a 1/2
size civic radiator is what most guys use but I'm not running or plan to run a very large turbo anytime
soon in addition this is my dd so I need some real cooling capabilities.I know Visteon use to make a drop
in rad but I think they maybe out of business? So where can I find an aluminum rad without having a
custom unit built.......P.S. has anyone tried the tunersnation aluminum radiators?
Thanks fellas......

Last edited by a moderator:

cheekychimp

Stop looking for E39A. The Koyo radiator you want is the EVO III one. Requires next to no modification for a stock or close to stock setup.

jepherz

Staff member
I purchased an Evo III radiator and actually had to add delrin spacers at the bottom to move it up an inch or so. This was fine though, since those stock bushings were nasty.

Ok thanks man how much is next to no modification needed though?

Quoting cheekychimp:
Stop looking for E39A. The Koyo radiator you want is the EVO III one. Requires next to no modification for a stock or close to stock setup.

cheekychimp

Well like Jeff said you need spacers at the bottom to raise it up an inch. I don't really call adding some spacers a modification /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mikus

I had one and my top radiator bracket rubber was shot... instead of raising I rigged a support into them that extended downward a bit out of some vacuum hose and other junk in the garage. Same effect

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Romanova:
Jeff, whatelse was necessary in order to run it?

Just had to weld a bung for the fan temp sensor. I couldn't find the bung anywhere in the right thread pitch, so I had to make one.

This looks like essentially what I went with: Ebay

Mine was from ebay member sportcooling though.

Paul, better to disclose it all now than have someone be pissed at you later on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

Quoting Vman911:
I used the Ebay one...Fit good very little modding to it..
click

I have used this radiator also, only real mod is slight altering of the mounts and retap the coolant temp hung... infact vman was cool enough to do a writeup in the how to section.

I have a PWR custom made vr4 aluminium radiator, which sits nicely if the factory location.

EVO III is the one you want though as others have said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok got it thanks again

Quoting cheekychimp:
Well like Jeff said you need spacers at the bottom to raise it up an inch. I don't really call adding some spacers a modification /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boostin4door

Quoting Vman911:
I used the Ebay one...Fit good very little modding to it..
click

Yup..Vin, i have the same rad. When i ordered mine[09'] it was sold out of Washinton state somewhere.
The only mod was the sensor needing a drill&tap and slotting the mounts a bit[to move it over slightly], but other than that it works great!
Haven't seen it on egay lately, not sure if its sold anymore.

This one is currently on there;[anyone have this one?]
click

Chicago1

Anyone have any current links? The ones posted do not show up on ebay anymore. Thanks

Hondasi88

Im looking to buy a radiator soon...I am torn between a few

The ones on Rock Auto Parts, Civic Dual Core ones and the unit listed above.

click

might be the winner though

Last edited:

Ben

My concern is the factory fan on the front. I want to retain use of it. Are there provisions on this radiator for the fan? I guess it would be easy enough to get some stuff welded on for thr fan, assuming there's room.

Ben

I obviously have never actually looked at that front fan. haha, it doesn't even mount to the radiator. sorry guys. When I bought that Pikes peak car, he included a PWR radiator. I don't know exactly what it is made for. I'm going to try and put it in my new Galant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts