The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Looking for a spoiler for my galant!!!

My car looks kinda nice but a detail that must prevail is a trunk spoiler! i cant seem to find one! where can I find one if you know!?

Diego

I have the stock wing, and the amg replica... both off the car... paint mattched to Nile Black...

Try TunersNation.... its a great place to shop, you have your choice of fiberglass or Carbon Fibre..... in various wings, stock or AMG..... or rubber trim like what Garfield has on his trunk...

cheekychimp

Or you can try the GTS-R32 spoiler if you can find one.

It is fairly discrete and doesn't look out of place whilst being very slightly more aggressive than stock. It requires very little modification having mounting bolts in locations almost identical to stock and even has an LED third brake light in the stock spoiler location.

mountaineerjeff

that looks great, and I have considered going that route before, I just cant justify the cost of getting one stateside, especially for something that is not going to improve function

RedTwo

I reckon... that some Starion rear spoilers look fairly similar to the AMG Galant spoiler - in the same way that those imitation AMG grills are near enough to genuine AMG grills for some of you. So I figure if someone was keen enough and with a little elbow grease you could make something fit... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wizardawd

Anyone have the dimensions of a Fiero GT spoiler?

I think it may look fairly decent, and yet still fit the boxy body lines. And be easier to find than the R32 spoiler.

24925870017_large.jpg

Wiz

SouthCaliVR4

^^I don't have the dimensions but they fit, just need to shorten the stands to make it look right, it's the one I'm going to use. don't fret folks, I'll be saving the stock trunk/wing.

mitsu90

I have an EVO VIII wing hanging on my wall.. I would sell for the right price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

fuel

wow that R32 Skyline spoiler looks good, it almost has the same look to it as the stock 7G spoiler.

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Fiero wing yea I got the dimensions and photos for fitment just have to find them. I have one sitting on my car right now and have for about 2 years In stock form the stands have to be first filled with an epoxy then milled at and angle and also lowered then lenght does hang off the sides. I'm really not sure if I like the lenght yet. Probably more stable at speed longer but to look factory fitment needs to have about 8 inches removed from the center and grafted back together.

He's sitting in stock form the angle is all wrong and I really think the lenght is to long but everybody I ask that sees it like the lenght as is. If its cut and shifted in to the factory locations just beside the trunk to quarter panel line I really think it would look better.

curtis

When i get a chance I'll push the car out and take pictures outside from a distance. Just funny others have thought of the same wing. Its big for you that didn't grow up getting pulled over by state police in those cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Not to thread Jack, but, did anybody see that 4g63t swapped fiero at shootout this year? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting curtis:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Fiero wing yea I got the dimensions and photos for fitment just have to find them. I have one sitting on my car right now and have for about 2 years In stock form the stands have to be first filled with an epoxy then milled at and angle and also lowered then lenght does hang off the sides. I'm really not sure if I like the lenght yet. Probably more stable at speed longer but to look factory fitment needs to have about 8 inches removed from the center and grafted back together.

He's sitting in stock form the angle is all wrong and I really think the lenght is to long but everybody I ask that sees it like the lenght as is. If its cut and shifted in to the factory locations just beside the trunk to quarter panel line I really think it would look better.

I got the idea from a pic of one on a Galant I saw several years ago, honestly, it looked fantastic. he had cut the stands to bring the tips below the trunk line, almost touching the body. But, is it just me or do they all look like they have a sag in the middle? even on a damn fiero, I saw one just tonight. If the sag thing was handled & the stands cut proper I'm thinking it will really look good. But as I said before, I'll be keeping the stock trunk & wing should I decide later I don't like it. Anyway, I scored a fiero wing last week for fifty bucks & have a wingless trunk so...

Oh and Great minds think alike or something to that effect /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wizardawd

Honestly I think it's nice. The height is fine, especially when it is actually bolted to the trunk. The length looks perfect since the tips follow the edge of the car perfect as you can see in the pic. As for the sag, I think in the pic it may be more of an illusion since our trunks have a slight curve, whereas the fiero lid was completely flat.

Wiz

Quoting southcali;
I got the idea from a pic of one on a Galant I saw several years ago

You don't happen to have that pic still do you? I'd love to see the cut and modded one.

curtis

Guys the fiero wings sag in the middle plus if you notice just to the right of the keyhole the edge of the wing is higher right there. Problem is theres no hand holds on the back of a fiero truck/hood and people would always hold it up by the wing right there instead of proping it up. After being hot in the sun the wing starts to deform from this pressure. My buddy the body guy says it will come right out with a few clamps, some pieces of wood and a heat gun. Mine has damage to the mounting stand mounts in the wing so I have to rebuild all that hardware, was a rust ball and just had to drill everything out. I'll probably build a thin aluminum I beam spar to run inside so it never happens again.

donkeylips

Have you guys ever seen the wing that came on the '90 base model galant?(not sure what other years/models it was on) I happened upon one in the junkyard this summer(of course I snagged the underdash, manual seatbelts, etc) and I took the trunk as well. It has the third brake light inside the car like a wingless model would have, but it had a spoiler that looks a lot like a thinner, narrower version of the fiero spoiler. Looks pretty sweet, I would post a pic, but it's at my friends house an hour away. Next time I go over there I'll get a pic of it.

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting Dbossman:
Quoting southcali;
I got the idea from a pic of one on a Galant I saw several years ago

You don't happen to have that pic still do you? I'd love to see the cut and modded one.

I can try to find it but it was saved on my old comp that stayed the the bitch... err... I mean ex & there's no getting anything back from her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif. I'll do some searching tonight.

Wizardawd

That's exactly what I want...but it really does just look like a Fiero wing with the stands shortened.

Wiz

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned