GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Technical Discussions » Quarter Master users - a worthy upgrade
Previous thread Next thread

Quarter Master users - a worthy upgrade

4thStroke
Spence knows tools
786/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 917647 posted 07/24/10 01:41 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Long story short, I ended up ordering the new(ish) revised Quarter Master clutch discs from TMZ Performance. click

I was pretty skeptical about the claims about how it drives. It's still a twin disc with unsprung 6 pucks. How could it get better? I was concerned about the splines and wanted to get my car back on the road for a while before I would have to pull the tranny again.

The car drives much more like a single disc clutch. Very, very little chirping on downshifts. Almost no chatter. The engagement is a lot smoother. Basically everything we hated about the twin is suppressed by a large margin. Harmonics on decel are still there and very noticeable, but even that is a little easier to deal with. I can now cruise and not get the harmonics like I did before.

I'm still using the 1g slave without the accumulator.

It costs $450 vs $275 for the standard discs that are more prone to spline failure, cracking, and all the other drawbacks we love to hate. I suspect we'll get a lot more life out of these discs as well since the discs can now wear all the way down instead of wearing until there is hub interference.

Edited by 4thStroke (07/24/10 02:09 PM)

Posts: 1864 | From: Vancouver, WA | Member Since: 10/22/07 | IP: (71.38.149.230) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 995

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.049 seconds in which 0.041 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page