The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any one have a pic of your ETS..

Hi guys I was looking for a pic of your ETS intercooler pipe and BOV flange I think mine is way to low. My flange is almost at the bottom of the car, right at the bottom of the cooling fan. There is no way to recycle it being that low.??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thank you ,. Mike

Terry Posten

That s normal for the stock replacement setup. The stock location of the BOV is way down there.

I ended up patching that hole and moving it closer to the TB.

You can see it my "my rides" post. Just click on the link in my sig.

slobra

I have an ETS pipe with a 1g bov flange that sits closer to the throttle body. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. Right now I have the piping with the bov flange in the same spot yours is with a greddy bov. I personally like the cleaner look of the bov sitting lower, I just rigged up some hose to fit the 2g intake pipe I have.

Quoting Hertz:
Turn the pipe around.

I will see if I can turn the pipe around, That wold be me only shot as I can not spin the BOV around cause of I do that the vacume line would be cut off by the fan blade.

Quoting slobra:
I have an ETS pipe with a 1g bov flange that sits closer to the throttle body. I'll take a picture of it when I get home. Right now I have the piping with the bov flange in the same spot yours is with a greddy bov. I personally like the cleaner look of the bov sitting lower, I just rigged up some hose to fit the 2g intake pipe I have.

Did you get any pics?? I was think of rigging something up to fit but the BOV is facing the graound and can not turn due to the cooling fan blades.

Also Terry I took a look at you pics but did not see the BOV location.. NICE RIDE btw.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Terry Posten

Must have deleted those since the car has chnages so much over the years. I will dig through my files and post some for you later tonight.

Thanx Terry. I'm also gonna try doing what Hertz said an see if I can flip the pipe if not I will be asking Jesse(Revolution Motor sports) to send me the correct one..

iLLeffeKt vr-4

These are the only pics I have. When I went with the JMF manifold and the 1g NT TB I cut and turned around the pipe with the BOV.
In the last pic you can see it by the strut tower right next to the windshield washer bottle.

Hey thanx iLLeffeKt vr-4 , For the pic your then man.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Does anyone know why these systems come with the flang so friking low?? I really do not want to get into cutting and flipping the pipe,... :/

Hertz no its not in the stock location. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif The flang is below the center cooling fan an not up next to the valve cover. Plus the BOV vent has to point towards the ground cause if I spin it so it faces up the vacume line will be in the fan blade sweep.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Image000-2.jpg

new_engine2.jpg

Ballin! O had to get my own re-circ pipe since the one from ets wasss huge for the stock 1g BOV.. but it lined right up with my ets intake.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluFalcon

I have an ETS intercooler with a 1G BOV flange in the stock location. My BOV faces up, but it is very close to the fan. I had to play with the piping and try to force it to sit where I wanted it while I tightened the clamps. It took some "finagalling", but I was able to get it to clear the fan. I used a modified Injen intake pipe and a piece of 90 degree radiator hose to recirculate the BOV back into the intake. Here's a link to my thread showing how I did it. Hope this helps.

Modified 2G Injen Intake/ETS Intercooler Piping Kit/1G BOV

img.php

Last edited:

Quoting BluFalcon:
I have an ETS intercooler with a 1G BOV flange in the stock location. My BOV faces up, but it is very close to the fan. I had to play with the piping and try to force it to sit where I wanted it while I tightened the clamps. It took some "finagalling", but I was able to get it to clear the fan. I used a modified Injen intake pipe and a piece of 90 degree radiator hose to recirculate the BOV back into the intake. Here's a link to my thread showing how I did it. Hope this helps.

Modified 2G Injen Intake/ETS Intercooler Piping Kit/1G BOV

img.php

WOW nice work on the fab job also.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But I can not turn my BOV upwards( Greddy) the vacume port
is on the back an would be in the fan. From you pics you BOV flange is higher than mine.. MY BOV is
actually inside the shroud housing a bit. I have pics but on my phone and do not know how to host them
on here.. LOL, Heck I can email them to myself but do not know how to remove the pic to my desk top.
DUMMY.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

TylerAdamson

A 3mm allen key will help your situation. Just unscrew the top of the Greddy and spin it 180* so it is oriented like the stock bov. Then you won't have a problem with the vacuum line in the fan.

Ah I did not know I could rotate the top of that I saw the allen keys but did not even think of it Thanx.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts