The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TMO users or past users please check in

I finally found someone to let me borrow their old laptop with a DB9 port. I hooked up the cable and it logs in. I have no values or voltages under that tab, I can select triggers yet it doesnt log anything. From my understanding, the power is top left, ground is bottom right and 2 up from there is where the green wire goes. This is getting a little frustrating beacuse this old laptop wouldnt open the burned program. So it had to be transferred to a floppy and now I cant get the program to work. I didnt burn the help section in the file but figured I didnt need it. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Thank you
Wendy

How many samples/second is it showing in the bottom righthand corner? You don't want to select "triggers". If I recall, that means it doesn't start logging until one of those events happens. You just want to click "collect data", then pull open the "Data" tab, "Select", and add all the items to the right side you want by double-clicking on them. Then, hit the green PLAY arrow to begin logging. You can save your selections in one of the Quick Selects.
Or, if you just want to see the sensors, you can select "DRB2" out on the main menu.

I want to say it is showing 18 secs, I know about the triggers, I just double clicked on the items I wanted to log and hit ok. I hit play and nothing. I have used this software in the past and do not understand why its doing what it is doing. Such as, I have a check engine light. On the main page it has a tab that you click. I cannot remember which one it is but there is nothing under that tab nor any of the other tabs. Every tab I click on all values are blank. I dont know how the cable works but I have to hit connect sereral times eacuseit states that it os not connected to the ECU. After a few times of clicking connect it says it is working properly and opens the 5 boxs, yet everything is empty.
I can go in to collect data and choose what I want to log but nothing there either after hitting play????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Wendy
totally confused

1990ggsxnj

Also sometimes it's hard see the pins but there are 4 on the right. If you look quick, you will only see the top 3. Pretty sure it's not your problem, but you never know.

Last edited:

I don't think she is having problems connecting, as TMOLogger won't even let you into the logging screen if it can't communicate with the ECU. It will keep asking you what COM port, or tell you the cable is bad, until it can talk to the ECU.

This is the delema. The computer has no way to connect to the internet. It has a CD drive but its so old I dont think it can read burned CD's. My laptop had no way to connect with that old laptop unless there is a way and I dont know how to do it. I will try to burn another copy and see if that works from the zip you gave me. Thanks, I will keep you posted.

Wendy

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned