The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4WS Delete (Which Lines to Cap Off?)

I have seen past suggestions on using 2 -6AN adapters (Earl's PN991954) and 2 -6AN Caps to block off the rear steering rack before. I like the idea because you don't have to cut up and weld the rack shut, like if I don't sell my car it could easily be replaced. But what never gets mentioned is which exact lines do you use the adapters/caps to block off? The fittings on the oem long RWS pressure lines look similar to the adapters that you need but I am not quite sure. If somebody would circle the actual lines and where to cap them, that would make it a lot easier

-Front Rack

-Rear Rack

tsiboy

the lines are usually disconnected at the front rack and removed, then the AN adapters are used on the rack itself. i have two extra caps (592906ERL) if you need them, just pay for the shipping and they are yours, then you would only need to order the adapters.

besso two lines on the front power steering rack, the pic isnt showing the rack or im just blind. if you look under the car at the rack you should be able to see which ones need to be blocked. as far as the rear you will need to weld them shut I believe (i planned on just capping it off but it was a PITA so i ripped it all out and put a 4bolt in), also the reservoir for the power steering has 2 nipples that need to be blocked or try using a 2g reservoir (i dunno if the cap w/ sensor fits the 2g) good luck that sh*t sucks.

crap pic i found of the front rack

img.php

quote from another thread, good to know im gonna pick one up.

"The power steering fluid canister off the ggsx and regular galants works great"

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

Quoting tsiboy:
the lines are usually disconnected at the front rack and removed, then the AN adapters are used on the rack itself. i have two extra caps (592906ERL) if you need them, just pay for the shipping and they are yours, then you would only need to order the adapters.

if he doesnt take them ill take the two plugs for the rear lines on the front rack

jepherz

Staff member
Yeah, you need to cap them off at the right. If you trace lines 46973b and 46973c forward to the rack, you will see which two you need to cap off.

Kenny_Kline

I did a 4wd delete but also at the same time, I installed a manual front rack. I cut out all the power steering lines.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesnt the rack in the rear press the control arms 2-3 degrees and the flex is in the control arm bushings? Simply put, I dont have to brace anything in the back to keep the tires from turning, correct?

I believe once the rear rack is removed it will not move /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Yes, it's pressing against bushings in the rear, but when you remove the rack it becomes "passive" just like any DSM. Some people do fix them solid though.

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Well I left the rack installed. Just no lines going to it.

To take the rack out, I think you have to drop the subframe...

I didnt just rip it out

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned