The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

pancake bushing

What is the bushing called the one that is in front of the rear tires that hold the main sub/frame bolt's. They are pancake shaped and are thin but are a pritty big inn diameter. Mine are way past worn out and I want to replace them just I don't know my options.

I think 410151 thanks for the pic. But what do they call it the sub-sfamre bushing?

Quote:
But what do they call it the sub-frame bushing?

Huh, who calls it that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Anyway here is the PN
MB584140

Last edited by a moderator:

powerplay

According to CAPS it is a Rear Suspension Cross Member Stopper

That 'pancake bushing' is called the "rear suspension crossmember stopper" OEM part # MB584140

But - I just put in new subframe bushings (noltec) and new stoppers and when the bushing is placed up against the stopper there is a gap (see pic)

The only way to close that gap would be to cut the pipe piece sticking out of the noltec. Should there be a gap like that?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts