The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Steering Hard line Part Numbers

As the title suggests I'm looking for a full part number list or resource document to refer to. My #87/1000 has multiple leaking lines to the rear steer and I'd prefer not to delete this very 90's feature. Preferably i would like to replace all the lines at once and not have to worry about it again. Any help is greatly appreciated, and if this has already been asked in another post i apologize but i couldn't find it.

RayH

14mm x 1.5 is the fitting you want for the 4WS lines at the front rack. There are multiple threads where people have used Earls' PN#991954 and two -6AN caps to block it off but I haven't heard of anyone trying them with -6AN lines going all the way to the back or what fittings are needed to do that at the back but it should be possible.

turbofonz

I believe I have most of the ones in mint condition, I can take pics for you. Also an incredibly clean rack as well. Not the lines that run front to back on the car, but whatever is in the rear of the car.

Thanks for the info guys! This weekend or next I will crawl under, take some length measurements and order the fittings/hose from Earl's. At the least I'll block it off, but I'm going to try to make my own lines first. Hopefully my next update will be typed with a big smile and all 4 wheels turn'n!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ok. For anyone who may be looking for the authentic Mitsubishi part numbers for a 4ws. Here it is:

Original Credit goes to Besso for using this diagram in another 4ws post. I'm attaching it here since my question was Specifically related to the part numbers themselves.
Also the website autopartmaster.com claims to sell all the lines still. The prices are very very high and appear to be shipping from over seas, but if anyone has the means they seem credible. Hope this helps others going forward, I'm likely to delete my 4ws as I am on a tight budget as of now.
Thanks again for the help

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned