The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is the E38A a vr4?

yungkleina

Hi,
I live in Iceland and I just found a Galant (1991 Mitsubishi Galant GLSi 4x4 E38A)
I don't think it's turbocharged but it is E38A and 4wd. does that mean it's a VR4?
Best Regards
Hinrik

fuel

No it just means it is 4G63 powered and AWD without 4WS. E39A is 4G63 with AWD and 4WS. Both E38A and E39A can come non-turbo and therefore not a VR-4.

yungkleina

Could I turbocharge the car and just call it a vr4 and put vr4 badges on it or would everybody secretly judge me?
I don't think there were any turbocharged in Iceland so this is pretty much my only option.

Last edited:

raptorWagon

There would be no secret judging as it would be in the open. It's not hard to tell the difference between a VR4 and non vr4 models. The transmission in your car is also weaker than the vr4 trans.

No need to try to pass it off as something it isn't.

yungkleina

What do you suggest I do?
I think there is one E39A in Iceland, atleast it's 4x4 and 4ws but I don't know if it's turbocharged. But I don't think they sold any turbocharged Galants in Iceland.
This seems to be my only option, to buy a 4wd Galant as a project car. I thought about just buying VR-4 badges and everything but I don't want to disrespect the community or anything.

AllanL

go with what your heart pleases.
no need to impress anybody.
modify the car as you wish.
what makes you happy is all that matters.

contact dandanger.

Last edited:

tektic

My galant is an e38a. Nothing on the car came with the car so it is only what it is now. 2.2l turbo with a 4bolt non 4ws rear 16g turbo and cyclone intake. There is no special code for that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts