It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on here, so I decided to give an update on progress. I'll be the first to admit I didn't do enough thinking when I decided to pick this car up, and I've had a number of issues I didn't plan on. But I'm planning on sticking with the car and making it as good as I can.
Since my last post I've picked up my replacement windshield, and got it installed. I ended up having to purchase new rear calipers, rotors and pads (the e-brake now works, since the old calipers were seized). New spark plugs, valve cover gasket (I went ahead and painted the valve cover since it looked awful, along with many things in the engine bay). If you go back to my very first post, I'd say the engine bay has made quite an improvement. Along with touching up the engine bay, the old SSR Type C's looked very beat up, so I decided to give them a new coat of paint and new stickers (they didn't turn out as nice as I'd hoped for). I repainted the wiper arms and cowl, along with other things I've probably forgetting. I'll also be changing out the transmission and diff fluid before my maiden voyage with redline gear oil since I've heard good things about them.
I'll hopefully have the car safety inspected soon, and on the road within the next couple weeks. I'll happily accept any tips and tricks with these cars as I'm still incredibly new to them.