The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil filter housing crazyness..!

Typhoonguy

Alrite so i messed up the other day, even after reading all the stories about it. I tryed to take an 1/8th npt oil pressure sensor an put it in the stock location of the dummy light sensor on the oil pressure housing. Well im sure you can guess what happned next.... About 3 turns in an CRACK. I understand that the stock oil pressure sensor is 1/8bsp or how ever it is, brittish something. I also know one is a taperd thread an npt is not. My question is i bought part number MD157670, is this correct for the galant vr4? It looks simmilar but then it doesnt? I also bought extremepsi's remote oil pressure sensor relocation kit. Now here is the deal, when i go to take the fitting an screw it into the sensor port it feels the same exact way the oil pressure sensor felt. I bought this kit so more or less i can plug an play, am i going to have to tap the hole anyway? I know someone has been down this road, if you could shine some light i would really appretiate it
Steve

Street Surgeon

I personally removed the housing, tapped the bpst threads with an 1/8-27 npt tap and that was that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Typhoonguy

Ok so it can be done then? See im just scared with how easy the housing broke the first time... I even bought the remote oil pressure sensor kit from extremepsi, thinking they would make it so it just bolts up. It doesnt though so i got really lost. Does my oil filter housing sound like the right part #?? There was many variations of these little shits an i just want to make sure i have one that will fit..

tektic

The tap has grooves so the material its cutting comes out. It won't bind up and brake like it would if you just cross threaded the pipe fittings. Use an npt tap then some blue lock tight after your yet fit but before your final install of you fittings. The two are very close so the threads won't likely be perfect the thread locker does a nice job of fixing imperfections.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts