The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lowering ggsx

dsmfever

I've searched and searched to lower my ggsx with parts with other dsm parts. The best answer i coups find was evo8 rear coils and 1g lowering springs...is this true? I would like to use all the ggsx's oem struts and tophats. Yes i could do trial and error, but would like to know before i digg in and waste my money

tektic

keep searching... a ggsx might as well be Gvr4 when it comes to stock suspension height.

MellowVR4

All I know is you can use the front springs from a T/E/L awd or fwd, but the rears would have to be from a 1g awd. I have the talon awd front stock springs on my vr4 and their is a slight drop from them, not extreme, but it is lower up front. Might be lower if I would've used some from a fwd.

CutlassJim

You don't want to use lowering springs from a TEL awd. They make the rear sit way lower than the front. A set of Evo 8/9 lowering springs front and rear is what you want.

This car on Evo 8 KYB's and Evo 8 Tien lowering springs.

This car on Evo 9 Biltsiens with Swift lowering springs.

IncorpoRatedX

1G springs are fine as lone as you use 2G rear strut tops, it brings the car back to level.

CutlassJim

Dammit forgot about that discovery. I always just use Evo stuff because you can find barely used lowering springs for $100 on EvoM. I'd rather buy used good quality stuff than crap new stuff. And I'm cheap.

tektic

Quote:
Anyone have any info on 3kgt tein springs?

Can you point me in the way of this discovery?

Edit:
3kgt Tein S
Front spring rate: 4.2 kilogram per millimeter (235 pounds per inch)
Rear spring rate: 2.8 kilogram per millimeter (146 pounds per inch)
Front ride height: -39 millimeter (-1.5 inch)
Rear ride height: -33 millimeter (-1.3 inch)
Progressive spring rate design
Product Details
Manufacturer:TeinManufacturer reference:SKR74-AUB00Item Weight:40

Evo Tein s
Front spring rate: 3.8 kilogram per millimeter (213 pounds per inch)
Rear spring rate: 5.2 kilogram per millimeter (280 pounds per inch)
Front ride height: -45 millimeter (-1.8 inch)
Rear ride height: -20 millimeter (-0.8 inch)
Progressive spring rate design
Product Details
Manufacturer:TeinManufacturer reference:SKR94-AUB00Item Weight:40

I know Ade's car sits high in the rear after installing evo mr bilstiens with tein springs. so the lighter spring of the 3kgt may help.

I was considering a mix of stock AWD ETL fronts and evo 8 rears for a winter stance. Should be close to even (I think)and I have everything sitting around somewhere.
(No the front springs are on my fwd eclipse) scratch that plan.

I only drove my ggsx once but the springs seemed very high and bouncy.

Last edited:

tektic

Search what's here on evo suspension.
Don't see the benefits of newer Galant springs.

CutlassJim

Quoting dsmfever:
Another question...would 99-03 galant (just the coils) work on a 91 gvr4?

Just the fronts. 8G Galant would be the same as a 3G Eclipse. Front suspension similar to an Evo and rear suspension the same as a 2G.

Last edited:

dsmfever

I'm not really looking for benefit...there are some local lowering springs for cheap so i want to know if they will work?

tektic

then you should consider putting the wrong springs in the car the same as cutting the stock ones. Or you can try to figure out the differences in weight height and spring rate. or just pay the money and try. there is no info here on galants that dont have a e38a or e39a body code.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts