The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TB Sensor?

92GVR4num65

Hey ive been doing some research on a certain throttle body sensor and im trying to find out what its called so i can replace it. It is the one with a single pin plug. On mine the plug has melted away horribly and the pin has snapped off and the sensor is melted to hell too.....If anyone needs more info if you're looking in the engine bay it sits to the top left of the TB. Thanks!

I can post pics tomorrow if anyone needs clarification or a good laugh......

92GVR4num65

is this an issue if not hooked up? What is this preventing the car from "reading" aside from the obvious "the throttle is not closed"

Thanks

92GVR4num65

Ok nm i found the answer. The closed throttle switch helps stabilize idle and tells the ecu to fuelcut when you are rolling in gear to save fuel. Thanks guys!

Diego

So what are you going to do? Mine just crumbled apart when I pulled my TB off last night

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts