The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Marketplace: Parts For Sale

mitsuturbo

Am i the only one that thinks it's a good idea to KEEP your asking or sale prices posted in FS threads? Entirely too often i see lists of parts for sale, and once some piece is sold, rather than just putting SOLD next to the price or the item, either the price will be replaced with SOLD, or the item will be removed from the list.

This makes comparison shopping difficult. This is why i always try and remember to leave any asking prices for my parts after they've sold. This way, you know how much... for instance, an Evo 3 16g turbo is going for, currently.

turbowop

This has been discussed with sold cars as well. For whatever reason, some folks don't like allowing the rest of us to know what the final price is.

GSX_TC

I agree, that is kinda annoying when I see that and ask myself how much did he sell that for again??

GSTwithPSI

I think a big reason is because of idiots like this click It's kind of hard to tell people what you paid for something and then try and screw them on a flip sale in the near future.

onesickcrx

When I left parts up with prices even tho I put sold I got pm's and questions about parts I no long had. So rather then deal with explaining its sold over and over I just remove the price and car or parts. I do same thing on every forum I am on including craigslist. I've never heard of people leaving prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I mean to be honest why should I have to list what I sold my parts for..... Example a guy sells his aem ems for 1000 and another guy sells his for 400 first guy waited 3 months to sell his and the 2nd guy waited 1 day to sell his. How is that going to help you figure out what to pay? I just look up on couple forums see what things are going for and sell them accordingly.

turbowop

What people ask for items and what they sell for are two different things. Those looking can judge by the date of the thread the length of time said item took to sell and can adjust from there or base their price off the statistics of multiple "sold" threads.

Obviously you wanna delete sold ads from Craigslist, but this is a tight community and just putting "sold" in the thread title and in the thread itself while leaving the item price should ward off most from still inquiring about any items. Always works for me. Never had somebody ask if an item is still for sale, even after leaving the price up.

LIV4PSI

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I think a big reason is because of idiots like this click It's kind of hard to tell people what you paid for something and then try and screw them on a flip sale in the near future.

That thread was entertaining at least. I don't know which was dumber, people mad about him trying to sell it for a profit, or people saying the GVR4s shouldn't be daily driven and need to be stuffed away in storage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I always delete things after I sell them. I guess I never really thought about it until this thread. I'll start leaving them up for now.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSTwithPSI:

You're awful.
You should be ashamed of yourself.

Comparing galantvr4.org to dsmtuners.com is just... well, i don't even have words for what it is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

JSchleim18

All of my for sale listings are edited with their selling prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

More so than for the buyers, it's helpful for a seller to try and gauge what their asking price SHOULD be if pricing is available for viewing. I like to try and gauge the recent market before peddling most things. This sort of thing is generally good for buyers and sellers alike.

LIV4PSI

I usually use eBay to gauge fair market value. You just have to subtract the 11% fees, and some more since most forums carry more risk. All .org is the exception to any other car forum I am a member of. I post my phone number on here, I wouldn't dream of doing that other places.

Then again, I sell most of my parts on ebay.

Last edited:

ktmrider

Many of the Subaru sites are requiring selling prices. Some also require pics to be loaded directly to the site and not hosted. Helps with some of the scammers as they can't link pics and delete them later.

On the Tooners thing guess he has/had two G rides? Seems to be selling the yellow one now with a very similar story to 231/1000 ( bought cheap, in storage, etc ).

DDM

I agree. This is my first partout and im having issues setting prices.

unistylef

Is it a bad idea to request to have sold items sent to a 'sold' forum? I find it tedious to see what's still for sale and what isnt. Also, not sure why the for sale thread dates back to 2006.

This is just my thought.

Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts