GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
NOTICE: This forum is for archiving information and discussions. Please do not reply to threads unless you have valuable information to add. Do not post questions or problems here.

Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » How To and Info Archive » 45$ front lip for usdm bumpers
Previous thread Next thread

45$ front lip for usdm bumpers

asmo
1605/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1035411 posted 11/22/11 01:38 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
After looking thought a few parts bins I found this frt lip that fits usdm front bumpers.
It's for the front bumper on 2007-09 hyundai elantras retails about 40-45$

It's matte black textured plastic, made for the bottom of bumpers.
It is about an 1.5" tall and narrows to .5 on the ends,
its a few inches short overall, but the taper of the bumper makes up for this.

Very easy to install with just a screwdriver, some grabber type screws, and some washers.
I used about 10 or twelve screws and washers, I started all the screw holes on the lip down on the ground off the car.
And then hold it up, make sure you start from the middle and work out, remember its a little shorter overall.
then tighten the screws through the bumper. I've had it on about 3 months now and its very secure,
pretty rugged too, i've rubbed mine on the curbs a couple times, plus its cheap and looks great.

Posts: 87 | From: SLC, Ut | Member Since: 06/28/09 | IP: (174.23.149.149) | Report this post to a Moderator

alansupra94
Excuse the retarded question.
4/1000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 1038989 posted 12/09/11 05:43 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
I would recommend getting stainless steel screws as the regular grabber screws I have used in the past tend to just rust away and fall off.

1992 Galant VR4
1996 Toyota Supra TT

Posts: 1909 | From: Wayne,NJ | Member Since: 03/03/10 | IP: (192.132.229.1) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 14 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *
Thread views: 8619

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page