The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone using a PR 38mm Ext. Recirculated O2 Housing?

cupajoe

I'm planning on picking up a hx35 in a couple weeks and going to have to run external wastegate. Anyone here using the Punishment Racing 38mm Ext. Recirculated O2 Housing(not the Vband)? Also pics would be appreacaited so I can see what kind of space I have. If I have to I'll run a civic half radiator, but would like to see what everyone else is doing. Any advice or other ideas let me know, Thanks.

Diego

I am. I have this Ebay WG that has a 14psi spring in it(came with a deal on my 20G), but will opt out later when I have some spare cash for a TiAL.

I Hi-Temp sprayed the lines black and will update with fitment pictures shortly when I go outside to install this...

cupajoe

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. I'd greatly apreciate pics of it installed, to see what kind of room we have to work with. Good luck with the install and hope it all fits.

Thanks, Joe.

cupajoe

Still very interested in seeing the install pics. Curiuos if you were able to keep the stock radiator.

Scott Y

I have a PR recirc housing w/BR20G. It fits awesome, it went on the car and hasn't been off for years. I'll post a pic when i get home tonight.

Diego

Oh sorry for not updating, I am able to keep the stock radiator. But I have to do new ic pipes and I ordered new a new stud kit. I found that the barb fittings get real close to the radiator but still clears.... I need a braided AN line for the oil feed as my stock hard line will not come about the backside of the turbo housing...

cupajoe

Glad to hear you were able to retain the stock radiator. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of both your guys setups.

Diego

Pictures you requested... Sorry it took so long, been super busy trying to button things up before winter hits..

cupajoe

Thank you for the pictures, looks like it fits nicely. Helps alot to get a visual of the actual setup so I get a good understanding how much room we have to play with. I like how it fits alot, I'll be running this setup in a week or so. Glad to see that we can keep the stock radiator.

Thanks again, Joe

thecman02

Let us know how your set up fits. Mine didn't fit with the stock radiator. If you haven't gotten your 02 housing I would recommend the vband setup. It doesn't hurt to have room to spare!

cupajoe

Forgot to post up how it all fit, I now have almost 3k miles on my setup now. I was able to keep the stock radiator but I honestly debating about switching to a 2.5" civic radiator. I'm not really having overheating problems but my temps are just too high for my liking. This is my arguement on the half sized raditor, pro's and con's.

Full size:
-full size so it has more surface area but what good does that do when there is a FMIC that covers the whole front end. 24"x11"x2.75"

Half size:
-Yes half the surface area but it thicker and the puller fan covers all the surface.
-No longer right in front of the huge BEP housing soaking up all the heat.

Does my logic seem right?

Brunoboy

i have a 38mm External wastegate fs: lmk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4Grim

Quoting cupajoe:
Forgot to post up how it all fit, I now have almost 3k miles on my setup now. I was able to keep the stock radiator but I honestly debating about switching to a 2.5" civic radiator. I'm not really having overheating problems but my temps are just too high for my liking. This is my arguement on the half sized raditor, pro's and con's.

Full size:
-full size so it has more surface area but what good does that do when there is a FMIC that covers the whole front end. 24"x11"x2.75"

Half size:
-Yes half the surface area but it thicker and the puller fan covers all the surface.
-No longer right in front of the huge BEP housing soaking up all the heat.

Does my logic seem right?

I am running a triple core half size civic radiator on my gvr4 with a Spal fan, 50/50 premixed coolant with a bottle of Redline Water wetter. After driving the car several times, my logged temps are a couple degrees cooler than my stock radiator setup with a Evo B16g. Currently running a FP Red, with SS PR O2 housing with a Tial wastegate open dumped. So your logic is right or at least same logic as me and works.

Here is a link to my Members showcase page. Most recent pics towards the bottom have pics of my setup.
4Grims 1991 Galant VR4

Last edited:

5OF2k

I'm currently on a Civic 2.5" half rad now, with a 12" pusher for my car. I'm on a tubular ramhorn mani and a Full-Race/Garrett T67 setup. Underhood temps went up quite a bit as expected with the larger manifold/turbo/DP, but coolant temps remain normal (190-195 ish). THe only issues I've ever had with it would be it going up to around 200 when I sit in traffic in 90* weather, but that's few and far between. I also think a 3 core radiator would fix that, but it wont fit with my setup.

I will more than likely be getting myself an AFCO Scirocco radiator to use, when I can find a good enough deal on one, that is....

-Jake

MellowVR4

AFCO scirocco radiators are sooo sweeeet. It fits so nice, just have to drill some holes.

bmxr152

I have the PR 38mm recirculated on my hx40 and with the 1g aluminum radiator it would hit the core. Eventually it rubbed tgrough and leaked. I then swaped to a civic 3 row and cools just as good but now with my new intercooler setup(vrsf). The 2.5" piping is hitting the thick core. i think Im going to go with the afco scirocco.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned