The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Working on oil relocation - Need idea's

So, I am working on relocating my oil filter because I don't agree with how close it is to my down pipe. I need to route the lines from the oil housing to this location (picture below),

Problem is, I went with a bit cheaper route and got the summit racing / jegs relocation kit. And I would like to mount it near the ABS box. The bends cause kink in my soft lines which means I need to run some 90º fittings (want to maintain cross-member protection).

Options I am aware of:
run them long and ugly under the cross member in a long arch while avoiding the road.
Blow 190$ on -AN fittings using -8an, -10an or -12an.

I can *fart* the cash out for a -8 to -12an set. I was thinking of something like this: starting from the oil housing -->

(relocation housing) 90º 1/2 NTP male to -12an male --> 90º -12an female to -12an house swivel -> hose -> 45º -12an hose to -12an hose -> -12an hose to 1/2NTP male (oil housing)

For those of you that know, these are not cheap fittings ... it just sucks heh. Please give your ideas!

geno....one thing I would suggest is if at all possible mount your oil filter pointing downward. This will make changing your oil filters alot easier and alot less of a mess.

I have a dual oil filter relocation kit and I have mine mounted directly underneath of the ABS. I would like to get some steel braided lines as well but currently out of the oil filter housing adapter I have two "street" 90* elbows that I got from home depot to turn the lines towards the ground and then the lines just run to the side into the side of the oil filter rail (on the relocation kit). To prevent kinks in the line you can use zip ties to lightly squeeze the hose or you can use spring steel coiled around the hose.

Hopefully any of that made sense, if not id be happy to reiterate. Basically the only changes i'd make to mine is two more 90* elbows and some braided lines....but my setup works well for me right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts