The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wondering what brands are reliable aftermarket parts

I'm buying a Galant off of my brother and the no 1 rod bearing got starved and now I'm goin to rebuild the engine and was wondering what brands to go with and were to find them for good prices as far as head and main studs, bearings, rods, pistons, clutch, lightened flywheel, and whether or not to stick with a stock crank or get a forged crank if i can find one. And if any one has a seggestion as what else to replace since i'll already be balls deep and this project already. Any and all thoughts would be greatly appriciated, Thanks!

The best bang for your bunk when it comes to rebuilding that i've found has been from this website click They sell nippon pistons and rings and acl bearing at amazing prices. These are what i use when i rebuild these motors. Never had an issue yet. I believe i got a set of pistons with wrist pins, rings, main, and rod bearings all for $110. Now when it comes to gasket sets I'd go to your local auto parts store and buy felpro gaskets. Get a head gasket set and a "conversion" set (thats what there calling the lower gasket set now apparently). I like to run felpro head gaskets as they are a good reliable brand but there not EXTREME so that if there were an internal error as far as boost wise the head gasket would blow before there was major damage done to the motor. As far as a forged crank i wouldn't bother with it unless your planning on running in excess of 600-700 whp. I believe shepherd ran 9s or 8s with a stock crank.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned