The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Few ?'s about VR-4.. Tranny+Check engine light...

Ok, I bought #390 of 1000... I absolutly love it!! No rust, good paint, doesnt burn oil, leather is perfect, $1500.00... The only problem is that 2nd and 3rd grind... Could I adjust the clutch or change the tranny fluid?? Would that help any?? If it keeps doin it will it eventually just blow the tranny?? Also a few times sitting at a red light idleing the check engine light would come on... Id touch the gas pedal ever so lightly (so lightly that it wouldnt even rev the engine) and it would go off (the check engine light)..

ghostinthevr4

Sounds like you got a sweet deal on your car, that grinding sounds like your synchros are going out I don't think the fluid will fix it. As for the check engine light try getting a Haynes manual and go at it from there with diagnostic codes good luck bro.

H05TYL

vfaq.com has info on how to check ecu fault codes, and what they mean. www.vfaq.com

jared50438

my gsx does the same thing! i beleive its is the tps actually! last time i checked codes i had tps, coolant temp and air intake temp fixed the sensors and thought i brought tps to the right %/ voltage but thats all i can think of on it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned