GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Will a Dodge Colt TPS work?
Previous thread Next thread

Will a Dodge Colt TPS work?

pmosh
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 241873 posted 07/31/05 11:25 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I just recently got a CE light coming on occasionally on my '90 Galant GSX. Turns out the TPS is having problems. It only happens when the car is warm and the throttle is all the way closed (i.e., I'm giving it no gas). I checked the resistance on the TPS and it seemed good - about 4.5 kohm across the outside pins; it must just change a bit outside of specs once it heats up or something. I didn't check the supply voltage, but the TPS seems to work fine except for all the way closed.

At the junkyard I didn't find a similar DSM, but there was a '91 Dodge Colt (with a Mitsubishi engine of course) that I pulled a TPS from. I haven't checked yet if it'll fit in my car -- does anyone know if it will work on my 90 Galant GSX? The part I pulled is EWT-F2A 1312. The overall setup seems the same. Thanks for any help.

| | | IP: (24.8.123.76) | Report this post to a Moderator

steve Galant VR4.org Administrator
Key Fob Guy

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 241945 posted 08/01/05 06:57 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
I've got the same exact problem, only after the car is warmed up and only at no (or very little) throttle I get the CEL. On the logger the TPS shows 0% or 0.3% which is obviously considered out-of-spec.

I know it's a foreign idea for most of us here, but you might want to try taking the car off jackstands.
-mitsuturbo

Posts: 18895 | From: NJ | Member Since: 09/11/03 | IP: (208.215.178.150) | Report this post to a Moderator

pmosh
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 243409 posted 08/04/05 12:54 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
Well, the answer is yes, the Dodge Colt TPS works. I had to pull the throttle body off the intake to get at the bottom screw, but it's the exact same part. I adjusted the closed-throttle resistance to 0.94 kohm, and it seems to work fine.

After replacing it, I realized I probably could have just adjusted the old one. SteveVR4, you might want to try rotating your TPS a little bit. There's a VFAQ on how to adjust it right.

| | | IP: (192.174.53.181) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 3677

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.169 seconds in which 0.156 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page