The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can I engine swap a 4G67 to 4G63?

AbR

Hi, I recently purchased a Galant Super Viento and was wondering if engine swapping the old 4G67 to a newer 4G63 is a viable choice? My end goal is to get more power out of the car and I am considering this as one of my options.
Sorry if this question has been asked before, I searched for a while and couldn't find anything.
Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AllanL

possible

ecu should be swapped as well.

depending on the 4g67 year, some parts of the engine control harness need to be modified.

AbR

Hi, i've found out much more about the car now.
It is a 1990 Viento, is there a way to check what year the engine is?

Also, are the engine mounts that fit to the E39A Galant the same as the ones on the E-E35A model? All four of mine are broken right now and I'm looking for replacements.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I suspect engine mounts will be different. The FWD and AWD Galants used different mounts and brackets due to crossmember design and engine positioning.

AllanL

driver and passenger side supports may be the same.

but front and rear roll stoppers may be different between the FWD and 4WD as Iceman said...

AbR

I have recently received the car back from my mechanic, we replaced all four engine mounts with the ones from the AWD VR-4 and they all fit fine. I think I will come back to this thread later to post any updates on the engine swap, for science /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Thanks everyone for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned