The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What number is my VR4?

My brother bought a 91 (I think) from a guy in Burlington Ia. The emblem deal is gone. Is there any way to figure out what number it is? It's a green one no sunroof. At one time it had a bolt on HX40 on it, then the kid started parting it. jnava here ended up with the front bumper I think. We are piecing it back together and trying to fix all the butchery from the PO.

thanks!

Last edited:

raptorWagon

Only way to remotely find out what number it is, if one of the previous owners had joined this forum and sent iceman69510 on here the VIN with the badge number. Since these cars were numbered at random upon port entry, they share no correlation to the VIN. Iceman is the man who keeps a database of the cars registered on the forum, so shoot him a message with your VIN and he can check to see if it's on the list, otherwise there is no other means to finding out what number it had originally. If don't find your answer, then you can always throw up a WTB ad for a 91 dash plaque, people sell them often when cars get scrapped. Nothing wrong with moving one number to another car, since the badge numbers only apply to the 3000 of the 3009 imported to the US or you can leave it unknown.

Last edited:

Racerxj89

You can tell the number by the last 4 or 5 digits of the vin. If your car is a 4 digit car like mine you would use last 5 if it's a 3 digit such as 251 you would use last 4. What you do is remove the 3rd from last digit and that will leave you with your chassis number. For example the last of my vin is 11864. Remove the 8 and your left with 1164 of 2000 of course.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
There is no truth in your post above regarding the relation of the VIN and the badge number assigned.

Your chassis number and VIN are related, but no connection to the badge number whatsoever. Please don't disseminate incorrect information.

rustednut00

There is no truth in your post above regarding the relation of the VIN and the badge number assigned.

Your chassis number and VIN are related, but no connection to the badge number whatsoever. Please don't disseminate incorrect information.
Excuse me sir, would you kindly happen to tell me what the ???/1000 is on my 92 vr4? Vin: JA3CX56U2NZ011261

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Excuse me sir, would you kindly happen to tell me what the ???/1000 is on my 92 vr4? Vin: JA3CX56U2NZ011261
I have lost track of this excel file. Let me try and find it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts